Note for Palm Treo 700p users:
Please download games as ZIP files. There's a bug in the Treo 700p
firmware that sometimes may prevent the EXE self-installer from working correctly.
To install the game on your Treo 700p, unzip the downloaded ZIP file and HotSync the extracted
files to your PDA, either to the main memory or to the card, using Palm Desktop application.
System Requirements:PalmOS 5.x, 320x320 or 320x480 screen resolution, approx. 3.9 Mb of free storage memory
Plazmoids! is an arcade game for Palm OS that combines superb high resolution, 3D-style graphics, sophisticated visual effects, and addictive techno music and sound. But what makes the game unique is its unusual gameplay based on original physics.
Unlike classic space arcades, Plazmoids! employs the physical laws of acceleration, momentum, and magnetism. You are in control of a spacecraft that scours space for plazmoids - valuable energy resources - and collects them through the use of a hi-tech magnetic beam. But since you are not alone in this job, get ready to face numerous enemies, each with their own features and behaviour, master several types of weapon, and upgrade your tiny ship to a powerful space fortress. Inpredictable space bodies, coward mines, and devastating enemy bases will turn your job into a hell. Will you stand it, clean up fifteen sectors of the galaxy and win the war for plazmoids?
- excellent 16-bit, high resolution graphics with hi-res+ support
- sophisticated visual effects and animation
- quality sound effects
- about 20 minutes of original techno-style music
- 3 difficulty levels
- 15 game levels
- 12 enemy ships each with its own features and behaviour, grouped in 3 races: pirates, magnetic robots, and self-reproducing aliens, each with their mother-ship
- 5 types of space objects living their own lives: meteors, asteroids, comets, and mines
- 4 types of weapon and the special weapon
- 4 types of equipment to upgrade, including two weapon slots, a magnetic tractor beam, and a fuel tank
- 5 types of bonuses giving your ship special abilities
- unique game engine based on real physics
- landscape screen mode support
- fully customizable controls with both touchscreen and 5-Way Navigator
- Tapwave Zodiac platform support, including analog controls and vibration
- online high scores list with ranking:
See a VIDEO REVIEW of Plazmoids! by Plank Films Mobile (9,9 MB video file):
Plazmoids! Online Scores Database: Top 10
"It is a Palm OS killer app"
9-9.4/10 and Silver Award at GameFreaks365
"The visuals, techno music
and game physics are superb"
5 stars at PalmGear
"Great gameplay, graphics,
sound, and presentation
make Plazmoids! a must buy"
9.6 / 10 at Plank Films Mobile
Also see a Plazmoids! video review at this website.
Palm Pilot and Palm are registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
All other trademarks used belong to their respective owners.